Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuberville, Franklin visit Fortson

Carver wide receiver Jarmon Fortson had a couple of visitors on Tuesday evening at his basketball game against Harris County.

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville and offensive coordinator Tony Franklin spent the evening watching one of their most highly touted verbal commitments play basketball.

Tuberville and Franklin spent most of the second half sitting with Fortson's mother, Sandra Puckett. Tuberville's visit came just two days after Fortson left an official visit at Florida State.

"I try not to think about the whole recruiting process while I play basketball," Fortson said after Carver's win against Harris County. "It's nice to have Coach Tuberville here to watch me play."

Fortson said he is still committed to Auburn, but he also said his trip to Tallahassee, Fla., "was a lot of fun."

The 6-foot-3 receiver that is ranked the sixth-best prospect in the state by Rivals.com doesn't know when he'll make his final decision.

"It's been really crazy," he said. "I'm still committed to Auburn. But all the truth will come out on Feb. 6."

Feb. 6 is national signing day, and he'll sign a national letter of intent with one of the schools. Carver is expected to sign in the afternoon.

"I really like both schools, and that's why it is so hard to decide," he said. "They both are great football teams with great traditions. My decision is really tough. I am going to do more research on both schools and find something I don't like about one. Then, I'll make my decision."

Carver junior Jarvis Jones isn't sure which way Fortson is leaning.

"I try not to put any pressure on him," said Jones, who was ranked the No. 1 prospect in the state by ugasports.com. "He'll let me know what his decision is after he makes it."

Tuberville wasn't the only coach in attendance on Tuesday evening. Miami offensive coordinator Patrick Nix and Georgia linebackers coach John Jancek were also at the game.

No comments: