Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Who will be the Class AAA champ

I haven't quite processed everything that happened last night in the second-round boys games. So I'll get back to that later.

I can tell you on the other hand who will win the girls title, but I can't pin-point one exact team. But it will either be Kendrick or the team that beats the Lady Cherokees.

I know, I know, way to go out on a limb. But if history continues, then I'm going to be right. Kendrick has lost to the eventual state champ each of the last four years and five of the last six years.

The only time Sterling Hicks' team didn't lose to the state champ was in 2003 when the Cherokees lost to Hephzibah. The Lady Rebels lost in the title game to Mays.

Kendrick's other losses go like this:
2002 to Glenn Hills, the AAAA champ
2004 to St. Pius, the AAAA champ
2005 to Hephzibah, the AAA champ
2006 to Avondale, the AAA champ
2007 to East Hall, the AAA champ

No comments: