Thursday, February 14, 2008

Good basketball..... Finally?

I must admit I actually look forward going to the Region 2-AAA tournament today.

And if you have seen the first couple of days, you would think I'm crazy to say that. I know I have seen a half-dozen boring and uninspiring basketball games the last two days.

But with that said, it can only get better. And today is that day... I hope.

The opening game between the Columbus and Jordan girls should be entertaining. If the Lady Blue Devils can control the tempo, it will be a nailbiter. Or it can be a blowout like it was last Friday. (Jordan won 67-52.)

The Carver and Spencer boys also should be competitive. Carver lost the first one 58-52, but cruised 86-55 in the second one. This one could depend on which Carver team shows up.

If there was a game that look like it should be one-sided the Hardaway and Northside game is it. So with that said, it will likely be the best game of the day. Hardaway won both meetings, including a 20-point win on Feb. 1.

In the final game -- LaGrange and Northside -- I would give the Patriots the edge but the teams split during the regular season.

It's got to get better, right?

No comments: